The History of the Kirkland Lake District Chamber of Commerce
The Kirkland Lake, Swastika Board of Trade was formed on March 1st, 1920, pursuant to the Board of Trade Act. In 1946 the name was changed to The Kirkland Lake District Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber is a non-profit organization made up of volunteers. The objectives of The Kirkland Lake District Chamber of Commerce are to promote the civic, commercial, industrial and agricultural interests of this area and to perserve and further the operations of Canada's private and competitive enterprise system based upon individual freedom of choice and personal initiative and responsability.